- Buttons and numbers are big, bold, and easy to read
- Simple cordless phone with only the basic features
- Boosts incoming calls up to 35 dB
- Loud ringer with 10 tones and 6 volume levels
- Find Button to help if handset gets misplaced
- Memory dialing requires using the menu. No quick dial buttons.
Looking for simplicity? You’ve found it. This phone is one of the more simple cordless phones for seniors. It has several features that will help seniors with poor vision, hearing, and even arthritis. But, it isn’t overloaded with features that make it difficult to use or confusing.
Here is what you need to know about the Clarity D703 Cordless phone:
(This product is featured in my guide to the best cordless phones for seniors – read by clicking here)
The big buttons with high contrast print also light up for easy viewing – day or night. The soft touch buttons are easy to press and will cause less pain for those with arthritic joints. But they also have a tactile feel to them so the user will know for sure the button has been pressed.
The print on the screen is nicely sized but people with severe vision problems may have trouble with it. It is back lit to help with the contrast. This makes it easier to see in the dark and at nighttime also.
The ringer is easy to hear with 10 different melodies to choose from. There are also 6 different volume settings. After a little trial and error, you will find a ringer that works for even hard of hearing cordless phone users. This is a great choice for seniors who want the freedom to take their phone with them while being able to see and hear it.
This one boosts the incoming sound by up to 35dB so it will work well for people with moderate hearing loss. This is 12 times louder than a normal home phone.
Expandable with Optional Extension Handsets
If you need another handset for use in another room, there is an optional add on handset for this model. It works with the base phone without having to add another phone line or jack!
That way, the senior can have another phone in the bedroom or the bathroom in case of emergency or to make answering calls easier. (Thanks to Betsy, one of my readers, for this tip.)
There is also a handy little “FIND” button on the base unit. Pressing this button makes the handset ring to help seniors find it if it gets misplaced.
There are 10 memory settings and the address book holds 100 phone numbers. But, getting to the phone numbers is more difficult to remember due to the multiple steps. Seniors with basic technology knowledge will do fine though.
Hearing Aid Compatible
Yes, it is compatible with DECT 6.0 technology.
Compare Current Prices
If you purchase an item through links on this site, I may earn an advertising fee (at absolutely no extra cost to you). That way, I don’t have to use those annoying ads or popups we all hate. Thanks for supporting Graying With Grace! Learn More
Manufacturer: Clarity Products
Manufacturer Specs: (Source)
Hear Clearly. Clarity’s patented hearing technology, Clarity Power™, makes hearing easy again by
- Minimizing background noises
- Eliminating feedback and distortion
- Managing soft/loud sounds to produce clarity
- Amplifying incoming sound up to 35 decibels or 12 times louder than a standard home phone
- Offering four (4) tone settings to customize your listening experience
- Utilizing DECT 6.0 technology for clear, interference-free communication
See Clearly. More than just the biggest buttons that are easy to see, this thoughtful design delivers:
- Easy to see high contrast numbers
- Contoured keys with soft-touch material for comfort
- Backlit keypad that is easy to see at night
- Large font and high contrast caller ID screen
Easy to Use. A simplified design coupled with Clarity’s 40 years of innovation makes the D703™ easy to use.
- Extra loud and clear handset speakerphone for hands-free conversations
- Ten (10) speed dial buttons to store important numbers
- One-hundred (100) name and number phonebook with ten (10) memory buttons
- Twenty (20) Last Number Redial memory
- Easy to hold lightweight and ergonomic handset
- Belt Clip for hands-free mobility
Superior Technology. Clarity’s dedication to innovation provides each phone with effective solutions to better fit into your lifestyle.
- Hear-It-Ring Clarity ringer has ten (10) loud and clear melodies plus six (6) levels of volume.
- Expandable up to 5 handsets (model D703HS)
- Both the large keypad and CID display light up as a super bright visual ringer
- Direct connection to assistive listening devices or headset (2.5mm)
Superior Support. Clarity’s focus is serving seniors with:
- Both a U.S. and Canadian based team of fifteen has been serving the needs of seniors for over 40 years understanding and meeting their specific needs
- Over 10 million seniors served since 1969, Clarity helps keep Seniors connected to family, friends and their community.
One (1) year limited warranty
The Clarity D703 is almost as senior-friendly as a cordless phone can get. The numbers and buttons are big, bold, and easy to see. It boost the call volume and has loud ringers to choose from. If you want a more simple, easy to use cordless phone with less features, I recommend this one 100%.