The Hushpuppies Power Walker shoe was created for active women who don’t want to compromise on comfort. While the shoe is made of mostly leather, there is a rubber sole that provides a moderate amount of traction. The treads made into the bottom of the shoe are on the narrower side, so walking on slippery surfaces can be somewhat challenging.
The shoes are true to size according to many who have worn them, but there are some who felt the toe area had more space than needed.
Birch, taupe and navy are just a few of the many colors that are available. These shoes are available in sizes 5-12 (different widths are available).
They are simply designed and not the first choice for people who select footwear based on aesthetic value. With that said, those who are seeking supreme comfort will be more than happy with this selection.
There are strings and 5 eyelets on this shoes, so those with mobility and/or joint problems may struggle with putting them on and taking them off. There is a velcro version also.
They are somewhat stiff, but they soften up after being worn for a week or two. Anyone who requires the use of arch support devices and/or orthotics will find that this shoe is very accommodating.
Extremely comfortable and functional - but not particularly stylish - walking shoe for active women who walk a lot.
- Users rave about how comfortable this shoe is to wear
- Medium traction level - best for dry, smooth surfaces
- Great choice of walking shoe for seniors who do a lot of walking
- Several color choices and wide range of sizes
- There is a break-in period for maximum flexibility
- Built for function - not particularly stylish
- Leather uppers get hot due to lack of air flow