Wrist arthritis often causes pain in the wrist, and it becomes more common as people age. It occurs when the usually smooth cartilage of the wrist joints becomes worn away, exposing the uneven bony surfaces. The wrist joint, in turn, becomes painful, swollen, and stiff.
The condition usually affects the elderly, but it can occur in young people too. If you suffer from wrist arthritis, you should keep reading to learn how wearing braces can help relieve arthritic hand pain. Wrist braces can help with arthritis symptoms since they help alleviate pain and swelling.
What is the Best Wrist Brace for Sleeping with Arthritis?
Now that you know a little more about how wrist braces help arthritis, let’s look at some of the top recommended models available.
Copper Compression Copper-Infused Wrist Brace
Even after regular exercise, muscles become inflexible and lose tone as they age. The wrists are especially vulnerable because they are barely protected while working. Luckily, you can turn the story around with this copper-infused wrist brace. It offers complete support that can activate joints and promote blood flow, allowing you to work fearlessly, even with age.
Copper Compression’s cutting-edge technology creates high-quality, lightweight, and long-lasting products. This wrist sleeve with compression is no exception. It is made of 85% actual copper ion-infused nylon, which has the following features and benefits:
• Practical and reliable. Does not twist, bunch, or slip
• Universal Design- Can be worn by men and women of all ages and fitness levels
• Copper-infused high-performance design for numerous health benefits
• Breathable, moisture-wicking fabric
• Lifetime Warranty
- Reduces swelling and aches: The Copper-infused compression wrist sleeve has anti-inflammatory effects that aid in the relief of painful muscles and joints.
- A faster recovery time after an injury. According to the National Library of Medicine in the US, aging can slow down wound healing by 4 times. Diseases like diabetes also cause blood to clot more slowly in the elderly. Copper keeps injuries dry, clean, and free of germs.
- Genuine Copper Ions: This supplement is ineffective and contains genuine copper ions rather than copper oxide. This increases oxygen delivery to muscles while also increasing airflow. This helps with joint and muscle rehabilitation, as well as the reduction of inflammation and discomfort.
- Snuggly and attractive: It is easy to put on, durable, light, and comfortable. It provides just the appropriate support while keeping your hurting wrist secure and warm.
- Keeps you dry and comfortable: Made of a special breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that keeps you toasty in the winter and cool in the summer.
If shopping for a customizable and adjustable wrist arthritis brace, you should look no further than the Night Wrist Sleep Support Brace by ComfyBrace. It can be used on both hands, which makes it a versatile option and a value for money.
It can make you comfortable, so it can be comfortably worn throughout the day or night. It is designed to provide the necessary support for your arthritis and is a light and durable product. It uses breathable materials that wick away wetness and moisture for improved comfort, especially when you sleep at night.
- Can be used for either hand
- Relieves arthritis-related wrist pain, especially at night
- Provides good pain relief
- Highly durable product
- Great for sleeping
- Some have complained it’s a bit stiff at first use.
The Dr. Arthritis Copper Lined Wrist Support is one of the best options currently available for those experiencing wrist pain due to arthritis. Actual doctors develop the wrist brace and even comes with a written handbook that can offer further guidance and help in using the brace. Both left-handed and right-handed people can use it.
The Dr. Arthritis Copper Lined Wrist Brace provides comfortable support all day. It can provide better relief from arthritic pain, especially at night while you sleep. It is made of comfortable neoprene material as well as nylon, plus its copper lined and comes with a strap that allows for a custom fit for every user.
- Provides non-slip support
- Good support and comfort
- High-quality and durable materials
- Velcro straps that grip tightly without slipping
- Doesn’t come in a pair
- Doesn’t have padding for the palm
The Mueller Green Fitted Wrist Brace is another helpful product for those with arthritis. It can provide instant relief and comfort from the pain associated with the condition. The highlight of this wrist brace for arthritis is the contoured metal spoon on the bottom side that cradles the palm of your hand, thus holding your wrist in place.
The wrist brace is black in color and is designed to fit a wide range of hands sizes. It is incredibly durable and stylish while providing comfort, especially at night, without compromising style. It’s made using durable and breathable materials that make it comfortable for all-day or all-night wear. There are also adjustable Velcro straps that provide a custom fit for effective compression.
- Adjustable straps that provide a custom fit
- Does not limit your range of motion even when you are sleeping
- Padded internal spoon that provides good support
- Made using environmentally-friendly materials
- Might be a bit too short for some people
The Sparthos Wrist Support Sleeves are an excellent option, especially for those suffering from wrist arthritis. The sleeves are good for medical compression and relief from pain, especially at night. Both men and women can use them.
The Sparthos Wrist Support Sleeves are made using breathable materials, which add to the comfort of all-day/night wear. They deliver targeted compression and improve blood circulation, which are critical to quick, effective pain relief.
- Incredibly easy to put on the sleeves and take them off
- Provide optimum support and comfort throughout the night or day
- Can be worn either at night or during the day
- Come in different colors and sizes
- Provide just the right amount of compression
- Might not be suitable for those with very large hands
The Futuro Wrap-Around Wrist Support is designed specifically to stabilize the wrist and relieve the pain caused by arthritis. It provides good compression and keeps the affected part of the wrist warm, especially at night when you are asleep.
The wrap fits the wrist perfectly without inhibiting the blood flow. It is made using rayon, rubber, and cotton, all durable materials and comfortable to wear. Plus, it’s fully adjustable since its Velcro closure provides an excellent fit.
- Delivers great compression, thus providing effective relief from arthritis symptoms
- Comfortable to wear even when you sleep
- Provides extra warmth to the wrist for those with arthritis
- Adjustable Velcro closure
- Made using high-quality and durable materials
- Doesn’t come in multiple colors
>>Also Read: Sleep Gloves for Arthritis<<
Should You Use a Wrist Brace for Sleeping?
Wrist braces for arthritis act as a gentle support to movements of the wrist. They deliver great compression, restrict the movement of the hand, and alleviate the pain associated with the condition. They might not help prevent severe injuries associated with the condition, but they can allow you to perform simple activities such as sleeping with less pain.
Wearing Wrist Braces at Night
The pain and stiffness that are associated with wrist arthritis might be tolerable during the day, but they can prevent you from getting good sleep at night. That’s bad news since poor sleep can worsen your pain, creating a frustrating endless cycle of pain and poor sleep. If pain and stiffness from wrist arthritis are preventing you from falling or staying asleep, you should try using wrist braces.
Here are the top 3 benefits of wearing wrist braces at night:
- Enhanced Stability: Wrist braces are intended to shift weight away from the damaged area of the joint by holding it in a neutral position, thus helping to reduce pain and discomfort when you sleep. It is one of the immediately noticeable benefits of wearing braces. The less the wrist can move, the less likely you are to aggravate the pain.
- Reduced Swelling and Inflammation: Wrist braces provide compression that may help reduce swelling that those with arthritis often experience. Less irritation in the affected area at night can help reduce the chances of triggering inflammation. This translates to less pain since inflammation often affects other nerves in the area when affected by swelling.
- Warmth and Compression: Compression and warmth are key elements of recovering from arthritis of the wrist. Using a wrist brace for arthritis can provide both in great amounts. Warmth and compression can help reduce pain and swelling in the joints affected by wrist arthritis.
Of course, you should always check with your doctor about using a wrist brace at night and whether it’s right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs:
Can you wear a wrist support to bed?
Yes, you can. It is even recommended for people with rheumatoid arthritis (source)
Should you wear a wrist brace to bed?
If you are wondering whether or not you should wear a wrist brace to bed, the simple answer is that you should. Sleeping in a wrist brace can be effective for treating symptoms of arthritis since it holds the joint in place, immobilizing it and reducing any swelling that may cause discomfort.
How long should you wear a wrist support?
If you have a condition such as arthritis, your doctor can tell you how long you should wear the wrist brace. However, when you start using it, aim for 1 to 2 hours, especially during your most difficult tasks. You can then gradually increase the time you wear the wrist brace.
How tight should a wrist brace be?
You might assume that the tighter the wrist brace, the better the support it can provide, but nothing could be further from the truth. A wrist brace should fit snugly while not being too tight. The hand and fingers should not have restricted blood flow or even swell up due to the brace. It is important to leave a small space beneath the brace. Remember that a brace isn’t a cast, so avoid completely immobilizing your wrist with it.
The best wrist brace for sleeping is exactly what you need to ensure the comfort and support of your wrist. It can provide instant relief from arthritis symptoms. You can refer to the picks featured here to find the right one that matches your needs. Buy a wrist brace today for your arthritis-related pain and experience relief.