Spray bottles are a household item that can really come in handy. They’re a great way to water houseplants, store a homemade cleaner, wet your hair, or even get rid of clothing wrinkles! Unfortunately, most spray bottles aren’t designed for people with arthritis.
Thankfully, there are a few options for people with arthritic hands. You’ll want to look for a spray bottle with an ergonomic design. A bottle like this will be easier to grip and hold, especially if you’re going to be using the bottle for a while. Bottles that deliver continuous spray are also a great choice.
If you’re trying to find a terrific spray bottle for arthritic hands, these are a few options to consider:
Reviews: The Best Arthritis-Friendly Spray Bottles
These are my recommended spray bottles for arthritic hands. Each of these require less squeezing and effort which means less pain for you!
ACG-INC Electric Spray Bottle
The majority of spray bottles on the market have a manual design, but this spray bottle is electric! With just one press of the button, you’ll be able to unleash a steady spray of water. The spray will continue until the button is pressed a second time.
The spout of the bottle is made from a premium copper. It’s easy to adjust, which means you can choose the kind of spray that this bottle delivers. This is a cordless, battery-free bottle that can be charged with USB. Once charged, it provides three hours of power.
- Comes in several different colors
- Electric design makes this easy to use for long periods of time
- The 1-liter water bottle is lightweight, but can still hold quite a bit of water
- Adjustable spray means the bottle can be used for many different tasks
- Bottle cannot be used when it’s not charged
- Button can be triggered if the bottle is kept in purse or pocket, causing water to spray
- Bottle can be difficult to clean
- Does not come with detailed instructions
Segbeauty Continuous Water Mister
This easy-to-use sprayer has an ultra-fine mist pattern. It’s perfect for watering plants, ironing, and can also be a great way to wet your hair without getting it too damp. The ergonomic bottle delivers a continuous spray, which means people with arthritis can use it without issue. The bottle also offers 360-degree spraying, which means it can be sprayed in any direction.
Because the bottle is airless, you won’t have to worry about contamination. Even if liquid sits in the bottle for several days, it shouldn’t have any sort of odor. It’s designed to completely evacuate all liquids, which means you can keep spraying until every drop is gone.
- Sleek and appealing design
- Can easily be carried in a handbag or in pockets
- 99% bottle evacuation means that no liquid will be wasted
- Airless design protections against contamination
- Users report that the bottle can become scratched over time
- Can only produce an ultra-fine mist
- Cannot be used with some chemical products
- 5.4oz bottle holds a limited amount of liquid
One-Hand Rechargeable Electric Water Mister Sprayer
This handheld spray bottle is able to deliver a steady spray of water as soon as the small button is pressed. The small, simple bottle is highly portable and is easy to carry around. While this is a battery-operated sprayer, it can also be charged via USB.
The spray nozzle is easy to adjust, which means you can control the level of spray that the bottle delivers. However, because this bottle is electric, it can’t be used for chemicals. It’s designed to be used with water exclusively.
- Battery-operated design is very easy to use
- Dust-cover keeps the nozzle clean
- Easy-to-adjust the nozzle makes it easy deliver the right kind of spray
- Can only be used with water
- Comes with charging cable, but does not include charger
- Bottle can become dented
Solo One-Hand Pressure Sprayer
This light-weight sprayer has a lock-on trigger, which means even people with arthritis should be able to use it comfortably. It also features an ergonomic design that can help to reduce hand fatigue. This is a 2-liter sprayer that can hold quite a bit of liquid.
While this sprayer can be used for many different tasks, it’s a particularly great sprayer to use in the garden. It has an ultra-tight seal, allowing it to safely be used with chemicals. It’s also an excellent option for tackling mildew and algae or woodworking.
- Multi-angle spray nozzle can be used in many ways
- Lock-on trigger allows for continuous spraying without hand strain
- Sturdy and ergonomic design
- Tight seal allows spray bottle to be used with chemicals
- Numerous small parts make this bottle difficult to clean
- Gasket can be damaged by corrosive liquids
- The nozzle does not have a spray setting
- Unusual shape can make this harder to carry or store
Stylist Sprayers Easy Trigger Water Bottle
If you’re looking for a spray bottle that’s functional, but still easy on the eyes, this little bottle is a terrific option. Like the other bottles listed here, it’s ergonomically designed and offers continuous spraying. The bottle also comes in several colors and patterns, including a refreshing wave pattern.
This is a small and portable bottle that can easily be carried around with you. Although this bottle sprays a fine mist, it will spray endlessly once the button is pressed, which makes it easy to cover large areas.
- Comes in a variety of styles, patterns, and colors
- Provides a consistent spray until the bottle needs to be refilled
- Ergonomically designed bottle that’s incredibly easy to use
- Continuous spray allows people with arthritic hands to comfortably use the bottle
- Some users report denting
- Bottle may smell like mildew if it is not regularly cleaned
- Design can be chipped or scratched
- Smaller bottle holds a limited amount of liquid
Summary and Final Recommendations
A refillable spray bottle is a device that can really come in handy. While many spray bottles aren’t designed for arthritic hands, there are great options available to people with arthritis. If you want to start using a spray bottle, any of these bottles should do the trick.
What ways have you coped with using spray bottles with arthritic hands? Tell me about your experiences and tips in the comments below!