Living with fibromyalgia is a major challenge. This is well known not only by those who are unfortunate enough to experience living with it or another chronic pain disorder. But even those who have a loved one who suffer from fibro see firsthand just how hard this can be at times.
While it can sometimes seem hard to look for a silver lining, strong ailments often make for strong spirits, and a lot of ingenuity applied to solving a difficult problem. Apply this same ingenuity towards finding the best purse for fibromyalgia pain and you are sure to find a pain-free purse.
Because of this there are actually many good options when it comes to finding purses or purse substitutes that are designed with sufferers of chronic fibromyalgia pain in mind. While you may need some restrictions due to pain or stress on the joints, there are plenty of good options out there that should be considered when looking for the perfect purse.
Reviews: Best Purses for Fibromyalgia
Read on for some of the best options out there when it comes to finding the best purses for those who need to live with fibromyalgia:
Sash Crossbody Bags
$99.99 in stock
- PERFECT FOR TRAVEL OR EVERYDAY USE - Our comfortable and compact purses are made for women on the go. The lightweight bag's organized storage allow you to keep your belongings and accessories in arms reach.
- SAFE AND SECURE RFID PROTECTION & DURABLE ZIPPERS - Designed with safety and security in mind, this crossover bag has durable branded zippers, passport holder and a built-in RFID protected wallet to prevent electronic pickpocketing and block all RFID scanners and readers.
- ERGONOMIC COMFORTABLE DESIGN - The patented stacked sling design sits flat on the side of your hip and evenly distributes the weight of the bag across your back. It contours to the shape of your spine to encourage good posture and back health. The 1.5" shoulder strap is adjustable for the perfect fit.
- COMPACT ORGANIZED STORAGE - This purse's ten pocket design has organized storage to hold and organize your belongings. Symmetric front and back pockets provide both anti-theft and easy to access compartments. Keep your day-to-day necessities at the tip of your fingers.
- HANDMADE DESIGNER QUALITY - Our bags are constructed with the highest quality materials available and unmatched craftsmanship. 100% genuine leather, durable branded hardware, and quality stitching give this bag a designer look that is sure to last. Available in black, brown and blush faux and genuine leather.
Why I Recommend It
You’re not going to be able to research chronic pain friendly purses and accessories before you run across someone raving about the benefits that a Sash crossbody bag brings to the table. Focusing on a design that is aesthetically stylish yet is designed to minimize weight and pull on any one shoulder or part of the body, while also keeping the hands free.
This delivers a lot of practical benefit as there are plenty pouches and zippers. The crossbody design means less pressure is put on the shoulder, and the hands aren’t needed for carrying it which also makes this a solid choice for those suffering from arthritis as well. They are lightweight, come in leather or faux leather, and the crossbody design makes them very well balanced.
For many individuals suffering from chronic pain like fibromyalgia the crossbody bags from Sash have been the perfect solution.
Vera Bradley Small Crossbody Purse
- Pockets: 1 exterior, 3 card slots
Why I Recommend It
A small lightweight purse that comes with a crossbody strap, Vera Bradley is known for its high quality style and this model is no exception. While this isn’t a full-sized purse it is an extremely well made compact and lightweight version that offers plenty of storage space and the shoulder strap option which can make carrying much easier and less painful during those fibro flare ups.
The purse is six inches in height and 8.5 inches wide. There are several inside pockets including three for credit and/or debit cards and you just can’t argue with the impressive aesthetic quality of the designs that you find here. These are purses that look really good while also giving a high level of functionality. The small size helps to keep organized while also reducing weight, making them a real winner since they bring style and functionality to the table.
Sakroots Backpack Purse
- Strap Drop: 21 inches; Pockets: 3 slip, 1 zip
Why I Recommend It
These have plenty of space as well as a lot of functionality. There is more space here for storage for those of us who just need more storage space than the average smaller purse gives, and the versatility is a definite plus. These are fun, cute, and most importantly offer more than one way to carry or distribute weight which is great as not everyone’s experience with chronic pain is going to be the same. This versatility is not found with most other options.
The 13 inch x 13 inch square size means plenty of storage space and there are six different colors/designs to choose from as of this writing. The materials are strong but lightweight giving the wearer the best of both worlds. These backpack purses are incredibly well designed and another great option from Sakroots for those with fibro or other chronic pain ailments.
As a side note, they Sakroots also creates high quality crossbody purses that could also be a great option if you’re not as big a fan of the Sash or Vera Bradley options.
Dakine Jordy Crossbody Bag
- Dual zippered compartments and main compartment with magnet closure
- Padded zippered tablet pocket
- Interior zippered pocket
- Hidden exterior zippered pocket
- Adjustable cross body shoulder strap
Why I Recommend It
Sleek, slim, and stylish, the Dakine Jordy Crossbody bag hits all three of the big “S’s” there. A durable bag designed to last in even consistently rough outdoor conditions, this is also surprisingly lightweight. Lightweight and durable is always a great combination and these bags come in 8 different colors and pattern prints while also serving as an excellent solution for chronic pain sufferers.
These bags are a bit on the thin side, but they make up for it in vertical space and offer an over the shoulder or crossbody setup to carry in whatever way feels the most comfortable. That versatility is going to come in extremely useful and makes this another great choice to alleviate discomfort or pain when moving about throughout the day and taking care of those tasks that just have to get done.
This bag looks quite a bit different from the others but for some is going to provide exactly the type of support and carrying capacity that you’re looking for.
AOCINA Crossbody Purse
$17.99 in stock
- 【Strong Functional 】: A medium crossbody bag for women and girls.It can meet your daily requirments.Simple design gives the women small crossbody bags great space for storage.There 5 zip pockets in total and has plenty of room for your stuffs, like cellphone,chapstick,lipstick,eye liner, wipes,keys and other personal items.
- 【High Quality Materials】 : Crossbody shoulder bag for women is made of advanced materials, which is soft, comfortable, durable, odorless and environmentally friendly. The belt and zip are made of high quality hardware,which is durable and quality guaranteed. This material is easy to clean and it looks like always new.
- 【Wide Application 】: Travel Purses and Handbags are widely used and convenient style suitable for almost all occasions,like outdoor, traveling, camping, cycling, shopping, dating, concerts, hiking, parties, beach, rave, park, Disney trip, festival, workout, etc. Suitable for every women and girls as a gift for friends,classmates,workmates etc.
- 【Appropriate Size 】:Small Functional cross-body bag designed of Perfect size,neither too big nor too little.Not only easy to carry, but also has roomy space for all your needs. Size:9" (L) x 9.2" (H) x 0.5" (D).With Zipper closure.Adjustable shoulder strap with Max 24.5" drop.Perfect for holding your mobile phones,such as iPhone X/8s/8p/8/7s/7p/7/6s/6/5/5S/5C, iPhone4/4s; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Note 3 Galaxy S4 S3 etc.
- 【A Great Gift Choice 】:Women cross body shoulder bag is a perfect gift for your friends, family, love.100% satisfaction guaranteed, risk-free exchange and returns.Our principle is to provide high quality product and excellent customer service to our customers.
Why I Recommend It
A lightweight medium sized purse with an adjustable shoulder strap that can come out to a full 25 inches (or even detach for a new strap if needed) the crossbody purse, or “purse bag” as AOCINA likes to call it, is a really intriguing option that offers a lot of freedom for chronic pain sufferers.
This is a medium sized crossbody bag that is lightweight, designed with big easy to open zippers in two spots for easy pocket access, and can be worn crossbody or over shoulder. As of this writing there are twelve different designs available that include a wide combination of different colors as well. The materials are very high quality and have that perfect combination of soft and durable to make them comfortable while still being able to hold up to all the daily stresses that come with common and not so common use.
This is a hands-free model that allows you full range of movement and is likely to continue to receive rave reviews from those with chronic pain diving into what these bags have to offer them.
Focus on What’s Most Important: Less Pain!
The biggest thing to focus on when it comes to finding the best purse for someone who suffers from fibromyalgia is to find one that makes your life easier and doesn’t add to the pain. Finding the best option that lets you carry around your things without causing pain matters whether that’s a conventional purse, handbag, or something else entirely.
Being able to minimize pain and discomfort in your shoulders should be the main goal when looking for the right purse. If for some reason the options on this list aren’t going to be an adequate substitute then consider alternatives like having a portable walker with basket and keeping the purse in the basket, or other similar options that allow the larger bags without putting undue stress on your body.
The good news, as you can see, is that there are plenty of options out there when it comes to finding the right purse. Whether you need a lot of space or a little, crossbody functionality or something more versatile, there are options here for you that meet your needs.
Live your life, get out and about with everything you need, and do so with confidence and style. These great options can help with the purse question, and that is one less thing to worry about because life will certainly be more than happy to throw enough curve balls your way as it is!
What do you think is the best purse for fibromyalgia? Do you have other ideas or tips to share? Please leave them in the comments below!