Simple tasks such as feeding oneself become quite challenging with aging. Most seniors leave the table having made a mess and full of food stains on their clothes due to the “trembling” effect that comes with aging or disease processes like dementia or Parkinson’s.
That’s where adult bibs come in handy. But, plain terry cloth bibs are outdated and not attractive anymore.
Today’s adults prefer something more stylish and fun. If you are searching for stylish bibs for adults for the first time, you have come to the right place. This article provides information on some of the best stylish bibs for senior adults on the market today.
My Favorite Stylish Bibs for Adults
Here are 5 of the most stylish bibs for adults. Of course, style is a personal thing but each of these examples come in multiple color and pattern choices. Keep scrolling to learn more about buying adult bibs and clothing protectors in general.
Classy Pal Women’s Dress ‘n Dine™ Adult Bib Chrysanthemum Sash
- Lots of Unique Design Options
- 18″ X 35″
- Soft Terry Cloth With Waterproof Lining
- Crumb Catcher
Classy Pal specializes in uniquely designed adult bibs that don’t look like a bib but are also super protective and functional. They have fun and stylish designs for both men and women.
This is a great adult bib for your parent or grandparent from Classy Pal. It’s much more than the average clothing protector on the market today. The product features beautiful embroidered detail and is made from the highest quality material. This bib won’t demoralize your senior adult due to the quality and stylishness of the product. Your loved one will feel confident, and beautiful with this dignified bib for senior adults.
The product is designed in the US with your senior in mind. The design reflects the sophisticated taste of senior women in the country. This bib is designed for full chest and lap protection at 18 x 35 inches. It comes with bottom snaps to catch crumbs. The product is made from the finest soft terry cloth material with a waterproofing layer to protect the clothing of the senior.
Classy Pal Men’s Dress ‘n Dine™ Adult Bib Polo
- Lots of Unique and Fun Designs
- 18″ X 35″
- Soft Terry Fabric
- Crumb Catcher
This is another great product from Classy Pal. It’s not your average adult bib for men, but much more than the average clothing protector for men out there. It’s composed of the highest quality material and features classy embroidery detail. Your parent or grandparent will thank you for this beautiful and stylish bib. He will feel confident and handsome wearing this bib.
The bib is made in the United States with your loved one in mind. It looks so real that most people mistake the bib as a shirt. The bib is bigger than the average adult bib at 18 x 35 inches. The bottom snap comes with an additional pocket to collect crumbs. It also has a 2.5-inch Velcro closure for a stronghold. You can easily adjust the length of the bib with closure.
Large Reversible Adult Bibs
- Pattern on One Side / Solid on Other
- 6 Designs to Choose From
- Pockets on Both Sides
- Machine Washable
- Includes Matching Tote Bag
These adult bibs are ideal for seniors with dementia. It comes with a reversible side that gives your senior a second bib when needed in an emergency. The bib has an accessible pocket to collect crumbs to prevent the clothes of the seniors from being stained. They are water and stain proof and lightweight.
This product will completely cover the chest and lap of your senior while he or she has a meal. You can wipe off or machine wash and dry the bib. The bib will get softer with each wash. The reverse side also has a matching solid color and pockets.
Tidy Top Dignified Dining Wear Bib
- 18″ x 36″
- 5 Color Choices
- 100% Polyester
- Machine Washable
- Includes Matching Tote
This reversible bib is stylish, stain & waterproof, and made of the highest quality material. The soft and lightweight fabric provides a stylish alternative to traditional adult bibs on the market today. The bib is quite large at 18 x 36 inches and covers a wide part of the chest and lap.
Each side of this bib comes with a pocket to hold crumbs and carry tissues, cellphones, and pens. The bib is waterproof and repels stains or easily wipes off.
DinerWear Napkin Bib | Caregiver Products
The DinerWear Napkin Bib is another stylish adult bib that comes as an alternative to standard bibs on the market today. It’s a full-coverage bib made of absorbent and durable polyester cotton-twill blend material. The product is stain-resistant & machine washable. The snap closure makes it easier to put on and take off the bib.
This bib was developed with assistance from senior healthcare specialists to reduce caregiver cleanup. The bib is 32 inches long and 20 inches wide. This is another great adult bib for your parent or grandparent.
Types Of Adult Bibs
Adult bibs come in different styles and sizes. The standard size adult bib is 18 x 30 inches while the styles are based on the material and closure of the bib.
- The hook and loop closure system is a popular adult bib-style out there. These bibs are some of the easiest to use by senior adults. In fact, even senior adults with dexterity challenges can easily manage this type of bib. But one needs to be gentle when washing this type of bib due to the hooks and loops losing their grip after a couple of rough washes.
- The knot button style is another common type of bib on the market. It’s more complex for senior adults to manage because one needs to learn how to slide the knot through the holes. Most of the knot button bibs come with two holes for easy adjustability.
- The snap style bib is another common product. But these bibs are not the best for senior adults with limited mobility issues. They require a bit of effort to close.
- The self-tie bib is to be tied behind the neck. These bibs are not popular with senior adults because most of them find it difficult to reach behind their necks.
You should always opt for the best style that suits your needs.
What To Look For When Purchasing Stylish Adult Bibs?
With so many adult bib styles on the market today, you may find it difficult to choose the right product for your needs. There are many things to look for when purchasing bibs for senior adults.
- Washable or Disposable? The first thing to consider is whether you need a washable or disposable bib. Once you are clear on this factor, you can easily proceed to consider the other factors.
- Sizing. The size of the bib plays an important part when looking for the best adult bibs for your parents or grandparents. The longer and wider the bib, the fewer food stains will get to your clothes. The standard adult bib size is 18 x 30 inches but there are smaller and larger bibs on the market. You should opt for the right size depending on your condition and personal preferences.
- Price, of course! The price is another consideration when buying adult bibs. The plain terry cloth bib is the cheapest while bibs come at different prices depending on the material and design of the product. Stylish adult bibs are quite popular these days. Compare the prices of different brands to choose the best product according to your budget needs.
- Waterproof. Waterproof bibs come with a vinyl layer at the back of the product to prevent liquids from soaking into your clothes. If your parent or grandparent shakes a lot when holding a cup in his/her hand, you should ideally opt for a waterproof bib.
- Crumb Catchers. Some adult bibs come with a pocket at the bottom to catch crumbs while having a meal. If your senior is a messy eater, this type of bib is the best for him or her.
- Closure Type. Last but not least, choose the right type of closure when buying stylish bibs for your parent or grandparent. Snap and velcro closures are the most commons.
The Final Word
Stylish bibs for senior adults come in different styles, sizes, and prices. You should choose the right adult bib depending on your needs and budget. If you are looking for a truly stylish bib for a senior adult you love, check out Classy Pal. They have lots of designs, colors, and styles: from simple solid colors to ornate designs.