Older adults often complain that they keep falling around in the house. This is a serious concern because it can hurt their legs, hips, or hands, making them bedridden for months.
Loss of mobility can make you feel like a burden in your home. You wish to participate in household chores but can’t because of your injury.
But what if you could prevent the injury in the first place? It wouldn’t involve moving furniture and fixtures away. All you need to do is buy a few pairs of comfortable socks so that you don’t slip easily.
Best Socks for the Elderly
Here are some of the socks that you can try:
StopSocks - Hospital Socks Plus
- WORLD’S BEST MULTI-SOCK – Forget ill-fitting hospital gripper socks you’ll never wear again. STOPSOCKS non slip socks for women and men are comfortable, stylish, and premium quality, with dozens of practical uses beyond recovery!
- WALK & WORK OUT SAFELY – Your no slip socks will keep you standing steady on any slick surface, from your kitchen tile and living-room hardwood to the pilates studio floor. You’ll want to wear your STOPSOCKS at home, at the gym, at yoga class, and beyond!
- SUPPORTIVE ANTI-SLIP SOLE – Pick the sticky socks that prevent slips, promote balance, and provide arch support! The rubber traction pattern on the soles is especially great for seniors. STOPSOCKS keep your focus on living, not falling!
- PROVEN QUALITY – You deserve to slip into something you feel confident in. Having pioneered grip socks, we know you’ll be glad you chose the durable, ventilating STOPSOCKS blend of polyester and spandex!
- STOPSOCKS SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – At STOPSOCKS, we believe a great pair of grippy socks should come with great customer service to match. If you stumble across an issue with your pair, we’ll send you a FREE replacement!
There is no better brand than StopSocks to provide easy to put on socks for the elderly. Their grip socks not only prevent the risk of slipping and falling but also make you feel comfortable throughout the day.
If you usually feel cold throughout the day and want to wear a pair of socks, don’t even think of wearing your regular pair. Get StopSocks Non-Skid/slip Socks today because they provide maximum comfort at a very low price.
The stylish design sets the brand apart. Plus, you can use it for both men and women. They come with an added grippy bottom so that you don’t slip in the house. The stretchy fabric makes it easier for you to put the socks on.
Noble Health Care Diabetic Non Skid Hospital Slipper Socks
- Physicians choice of affordable medical socks that give your legs the blood circulation & quality you crave for! Machine wash warm with like colors, tumble dry low, do not iron.
- Color Black - 6 Pairs - They come in Size Women’s 9-11 (fits Women's Shoe Sizes 6-11)
- A Diabetic Sock is a non-binding and non-elasticized sock which is designed to help ease the constriction of the foot or leg. Diabetes raises the blood sugar level, which can increase risk of foot Ulcers, Circulatory problems, Edema & Neuropathy. People with diabetes, edema, swelling of the feet and People who just want a comfortable sock both benefit from these type of socks.
- Recommended For Circulatory Problems, Diabetes, Edema, Swollen Legs and Feet, Neuropathy.ed for people with diabetes, edema, and neuropathy caused by circulatory problems. Its loose fit top will allow your blood to flow unimpeded, boosting blood circulation.
- Men's or Women's Unisex Loose Fit Top Physician Approved Therapeutic Diabetic Slipper Socks
If you are one of those who can’t bend a lot because of chronic back pain, you should use a pair of Noble Health Care Non-Skid Socks. They are easy to put on because of the stretchy fabric – even with swollen feet. Some socks reach till your knees, which may not suit your style. This pair is not that long. They cover your calf and have gripping treads at the bottom for added safety.
This pair doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable by being too tight. Although they sit tightly on your legs, they have a loose-knit design that offers appropriate cushioning without constricting or squeezing your legs.
Most importantly, the non-slip diabetic tread grippers prevent unforeseen accidents by not letting you slip and fall.
Burklett Adult Indoors Anti-Skid Winter Slipper Socks
- Ultra-soft & thick plush
- Anti-Slip soles helps protect from slipping
- Comfortable & breathable for all-day foot wear
- Stretchy fit & insulating for harsh cold weather conditions; Fits men's shoe size 6 - 11 and women's shoe size 6.5 - 9.5
- Perfect for any member of the family; Great to wear around the house and help keep your loved ones safe by reducing the risk of falls & injuries while keeping them nice & warm
Most people wear socks around the house during winters. It gives you a warm, cozy feeling. But you usually don’t wear them during the other seasons.
Burklett has made sure that their combination of polyester and elastane in this pair of socks is ideal for you to wear throughout the year. You don’t have to worry about which season it is. If you want to be safe in the house, wear this anti-slip pair of socks. They are easy to wear and they don’t make you feel uncomfortable because of the breathable fabric.
The rubber dots at the bottom are strategically placed. It covers till your heels so that there is no risk of slipping even in the most slippery surface. The ultra-soft and plush fabric makes it comfortable to wear in all seasons without your feet getting sweaty.
RELATED GUIDE: Sock Helpers for the Elderly
- SUPER SOFT – High Quality Chenille Material (Cotton, Polyester and Spandex Blend). These are softest luxury hospital socks you will find on the market.
- SKID RESISTANT – Gripping rubber treads provide safety and security for any situation. The proprietary tread design provides maximum traction grip on nearly any surface. The tread is color matched to the sock for a subtle look that won’t scuff your floors.
- GREAT VALUE – Chose a 2-Pack, 4-Pack or 6-Pack for best value. These great socks come in a variety of colors (black, gray, navy blue, purple, pink) and pack sizes (2, 4, and 6 packs) to ensure the maximum options and value to our customers. Choose your favorite color combination!
- QUALITY - Designed for hospital use but perfect for the home. These medical grade socks are used in hundreds of hospitals, healthcare facilities, doctors’ offices, retirement homes, nursing homes, medical facilities and tens of thousands of personal homes across the USA. Hospitals utilize these socks because the grips on the bottom provide their patients fall prevention safety and everyone wears them for their comfort, warmth and security.
- VERSATILE – Unisex design – These socks are incredibly stretchy and will fit most adults. Fits men’s shoe size up to 11 and women’s shoe size 9. Choose these socks for the comfort, look, security, warmth, gentle compression or non skid gripping sole.
Made from high-quality chenille material, which is a combination of spandex blend, polyester, and cotton, this pair is appropriate for everyone in the house. If you have a tendency to slip on marble or tiles, wear these socks all day long. They come with rubber treads at the bottom that prevent you from skidding and slipping on the floor.
Pembrook manages to create a soft blend with polyester, cotton, and spandex. The fabric is so soft that you won’t have any difficulty putting the socks on. It’s almost like slipping your feet into the sock and the next thing you know is you are walking around the house without the fear of slipping. These unisex socks fit most adults. They are incredibly stretchy, making them ideal for those who want their socks to sit tightly on their legs.
XL Large Slipper Socks - Non Skid Hospital Socks for Women/Men
- Superior Comfort – Super soft chenille material
- Skid Resistant – Rubber treads help to provide safety in every step
- Quality – Long-lasting and durable. Designed for use in hospitals and nursing homes but great for use at home
- Available in Regular and XL Bariatric Sizes
- Money Back Guarantee
Silvert’s is one of the renowned brands known for producing high-quality healthcare products for seniors. You can rely on this brand while buying a pair on non-slip socks. They use polyester and chenille to maintain the softness of the socks and make it breathable at the same time.
This incredible combination comes with rubber treads that prevent you from slipping on polished floors. You can wear them easily as they stretch considerably.
Another reason why you should buy this pair of socks is they can withstand multiple washes. The elasticity doesn’t deteriorate after washing the socks a few times. They keep your feet warm, especially during winters.
This brand also offers a money-back guarantee. So, if you are not happy after wearing the socks, you can return it and get your money back.
Diabetic Socks - Non Skid/No Slip Hospital Socks
|Is Adult Product||1|
When you buy a pair of socks, the first thing you check is if it fits comfortably on your legs. Another essential factor is how easily you can put the socks on. This pair of socks ticks both the boxes. In fact, it goes a step further and provides extra traction to your legs while walking on smooth and polished surfaces.
If you fear of slipping on tiles, this pair of socks is for you. It comes with seamless toe closure that eliminates the risk of putting pressure on your toes, thus preventing slips and skids on slippery surfaces.
The makers use 100% cotton with elastane to make this pair of socks. This not only makes them easy to put on but also maintains the comfort level. The seamless tow and heels make it ideal for walking around the house without any fear of slipping and falling.
Summary and Final Recommendations
So, now that you have multiple options in hand, make sure you buy an appropriate pair of socks that you can wear easily. The great news is that none of these pairs of socks are very expensive. In addition to being easy to put on, they are comfortable too and also help prevent slips and falls.